Wah-hey - another school year starts, another new school, another set of new friends for the kids to ingratiate themselves, I hope, we hope, they hope; with whilst trying to improve an education that that leads them to university, I hope, we hope, they do not care. My kids stand there, my kids' eyes wide open, a tad of nervousness, almost physical as I provide a whimsical commentary that things will be alright, my kids looking around, my kids being being looked at, this is a first day zoo. They will survive, they always do, but will they be hurt. Scarred after being scared by an ex-pat adventure, or will they be better persons, extroverts, kind souls, culturally aware - a socio non-experiment that my kids have no choice but to be part of and we buy another needlessly unwarranted cuddly toy, to add to the collection, to make up for the lack of stabilty, to prove we are really good parents.
See you in the Spring.
Friday, 14 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment