Saturday, 26 September 2009

Yes Officer,

Yes officer I was a foreigner driving in a hire car in your country. I know this is a wrong, I am aware this deed is worthy of a hefty penalty. I am sorry. If you give me a minute to consult my get-by guide I will beg for mercy in your own tongue or at least the strangulated cat version of your language.

One minute I am an executive Businessman and the next I am a Lottery ticket bonus point facilitator to a cop - police in some countries are considered, let us say open to negotiation, such that being over the speeding limit could be a matter of eye squinting. Eye squinting may also push being under the speed limit to over the speed limit in a blink of an eye and possibly back again.

One friend put it like this that they earn so little that some eye squinting puts a chicken dinner on the family table and a jolly foreigner was a double bonus jackpot of calorie boost and invite the cousins for the Day of Rest - you no speak - you big trouble- walllet- thankyou - no you say thankyou.


And my get-by guide book is sadly capable of telling the officer I have diarhoea.

No comments:

Post a Comment