Mr Pareto invented a theorem that most of the time, 80% is good enough, because doing that extra 20% to get to the magic 100% takes twice as long and by that time the horse has left the barn, the boat has left the harbour and the train has left the station or any other saying that means you're walking.
I am probably not quite a Mr Pareto in that my comfort zone is 90% and I hope the pony is still in the barn and is not called Shank.
But sometimes....
I am being re-assured that something is 99% good. "Good" you may say, best foot forward, you may say, not bloody likely, I say. My local colleague is telling me the site, our site for a new mega project is 99% free of mines. Call me a cowardly custard, but a 1% minefield is still a minefield and the paralympics does not need another hero,
Mr Pareto's 80% can go to pot, Mr Pryce's 90% is old hat, I am a 100% man today. I want to walk away.
Saturday, 25 August 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment